D.R. Martin, LLC’s business litigation experience includes:
Creditor rights litigation in state and federal courts.
- Financial institution bond coverage disputes.
- Franchise litigation
- Investment fraud and securities claimants’ representation involving brokers and investment promoters under the Securities Act, Securities Exchange Act, state blue sky laws, common law and fiduciary law.
- Corporate control and shareholder and partnership disputes.
- Termination of domestic and international sales and distribution agreements.
- Accounting and tax advisory malpractice.
- Federal and state tax controversy litigation.
- Negligent and defective construction and design of property and equipment.
- Contracts disputes for sale of goods under the U.C.C. and the United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods.
- Equipment lease disputes governed by the U.C.C.
- Commercial insurance coverage disputes.
- Property damage and lost profits claims caused by defects in industrial equipment and machinery.
- Class action defense against claims for unfair competition and price fixing under the Sherman Act, requiring knowledge of micro-economics and statistical regression analysis.
- Class action defense against claims for breach of product warranties of engine motors governed by the U.C.C.
- Class action claimants’ representation for securities law violations and breach of fiduciary duties by officers and directors concerning employee stock ownership plans.
- Interference with contractual relations and business opportunities.
- Garnishments and post-judgment execution and defense.